In this new and modern era of social media, news and media drama; there seem to be a continuous tension between our Indian cricket team and media. The peopleâ€™s pressure and expectations have been a tension for Indian cricket team for decades. There are times when the media crossed their lines, but the cricketers gave great replies in turn.
Â 1. Just a week ahead of the world cup, when our cool captain M S Dhoni became a father and was questioned by a reporter about what was playing in his mind, his response to him left everyone speechless..
â€œI am on national duty and everything else can wait.â€
2. In India we people treat cricket like a religion and our captain understands that..
He said â€œI have 3 dogs at home, whetherÂ I lose or win they treat me the same.â€
3. Again when our captain cool was asked by a reporter, whether he will answer personal questions. He very calmly replied
â€œYou have every right to ask me that. Thatâ€™s your prerogative. But I have every right not to answer. â€
4. When Sehwag was asked what is the difference between him and Sachin the answer was bang on.
â€œOur bank balanceâ€
5. Again when Sehwag was asked by a reporter â€˜Do you know you may never play for India again?â€™ His reply was very crispy.
â€œ Well, whose loss is that?â€
6. Once Sachin was asked how he deals with critics and he nailed it with his reply.
7. When Sourav Ganguly was asked how will his team handle Rawalpindi Express ( Shoaib Akthar), he gave the wittiest reply.
â€œWe will try and pull the chain and stop the train midway.â€
8. Reporter to M S Dhoni â€˜Why India doesnâ€™t have good fast bowlers like South Africa?â€™
He replied calmly â€œIndian spinners are better than South Africa, but you people never ask me about that.â€